Last week we briefly talked about how the holiday season is quickly approaching! The sunsets a little earlier and the best time to take photos is approximately 1 hour before the sun sets.
This post will share a few tips and for Hawaii destination wedding, family portraits, and surprise engagement proposal photo shoots that help prepare us for holiday photo sessions!
- Make a plan. There is a reason why Santa makes a list and checks it twice! This will help you prioritize what is important and not forget anyone or anything! This list should include thinking about a Family Photo Session for Christmas Cards or a Christmas Themed Destination Wedding. *winks* It also takes some time coordinate scheduling with a lot of people.
- Reserve the date well in advanced! My recommendation is to reserve the date in early November before Thanksgiving or during the first week of December. Tis the season! Things get hectic and sunset availability is limited! Contact Us as soon as possible to reserve your spot!
- Set a budget and go shopping with the list in hand. It’s important to give yourself enough time to get all the items you need. Christmas sweaters, hats, and props are a fun addition to any holiday portrait session. Remember, it’s going to be really busy after Thanksgiving so less shopping trips = moa (local slang for more) better and less stressful. I also found that gelato helps me after a long day of shopping. There is something so amazing about a lemon sorbet that I just can’t get enough of or even that seasonal eggnog latte from starbucks. Mmmmm…. latteeeeee.
- Relax! Now that you have everything together. Relax! You got this!
- Arrive early. Plan on arriving 10-15 minutes before the photo session. This will help everyone feel relaxed and settled. Do a quick hair, makeup, wardrobe check for everyone.
Remember to have fun! You did all the hard work hunting around for outfits, fighting with parking, and coordinating with loved ones, family, and friends. We can direct everyone from here so you can enjoy all those wonderful holiday photos!
Contact Us to plan your Holiday Destination Wedding, Surprise Engagement Marriage Proposal, or Family Photo Session.