How to propose?
There is no right or wrong way to have a marriage proposal. This is a very special moment that is tailor fit to you and your partner. Remember that ANYTHING CAN (and will) HAPPEN. It might rain, you could both be stuck in traffic, she could be having a bad day.
Note: in the event of rain – we can discuss some other options and locations prior to the day of the proposal.
Throughout the day keep things light, fun, and enjoyable. If something happens stay positive. You are on vacation and nothing is going to bother you today! All the prep work you did will pay off here! Open that bottle of champagne, show her the photo book, read her that note that you’ve been keeping close to your heart. When you are ready and the moment feels right drop to one knee and say “Will you Marry me?”
I had a client that placed photos on a rock wall path leading down to the beach. Every 3 steps was another photo which represented a happy memory. When she walked to the beach he was waiting next to wooden cut outs in the sand that spelt “Will you Marry Me.” She walked to meet him and he proposed to her infront of close friends and family.
The day before the proposal:
- We will exchange a short message to check-in.
- Tell me what what is the “signal” so I know you will be getting close to making your big move? Will you give her flowers, a photo book, take selfies?
On the day of:
- Let me know what you are wearing and your ETA. For more covert engagements I will be tracking you when you arrive and will exchange some short texts to make sure I have found you both.
- Make sure no one is behind you. If you are at the beach try to get as close to the water as possible.
- Hold her full attention (while she’s distracted I can sneak around unnoticed).
- When the time is right, hold that pose on your knee for as long as possible (you know which one) 😉